Sunday, November 2, 2014

Comikaze: The Start to My New Blog

How do I explain this blog?

Well, for starters, hello! My name is Kaela and I am geek, or specifically a pop-culture aficionado. I will use this blog to show all the things I love and how they affect my life, such as clothes, conversations, places I visit, etc. This blog will just allow to be me in a creative way. To begin this blog, I will start with what is the last convention of the season: Comikaze.


Constance Hatchaway relaxes in the Pit (of DESPAIR!!!)

Comikaze is Stan Lee's convention of sci-fi, fantasy, anime, basically everything that I love and I got a three-day badge (Hooray for early tickets!). I basically got a sneak peak on Friday and just explored for a couple hours. Saturday was when the real fun began. My boyfriend and I cosplayed as Constance Hatchway (The Bride) and Dick O'Dell (The Groundskeeper) from The Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland (Our favorite ride!). We went to the Thrilling Adventure Panel first that day. If you don't know what that is, please check them out here: http://thrillingadventurehour.com.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Paul F. Thompkins


Hal Lublin

This was such a fun panel. All of the cast and crew are great people. Sadly, this will be their final year at the Largo Theater in Hollywood. Luckily, I was able to snag two tickets to their December show (Happy early birthday, David. You better consider yourself lucky).

Later, I got to visit my boyfriend's panel at Random Encounters and completely embarrass him.

Say hi David!

It was fun seeing AJ, David, and Peter basically in their element and enjoying themselves. They just added a Halloween video with Markiplier and they still riding off the high of making it. Check them out: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uB2ns7sT8ww&feature=youtu.be

Sunday, I saw the Butch Hartman Tribute panel....and I completely geeked out. I am a HUGE fan of Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom, so my inner teenager was extremely happy.

Chris Taylor, Butch Hartman, Grey DeLisle, Darran Norris, and Tara Strong


I am a huge MST3K Fan and I asked Darran Norris about Hobgoblins and he was excited that I knew about that. He admitted that was his first movie and was happy his friends recognized him on MST3K


Butch Hartman, one of my favorite animators

After that, David and I explored the convention, and it was just one cool thing after the next, from running into friends, to seeing cool cosplays, to networking with voice actors. All in all, this has been a successful convention. I will admit, being in LA has afforded me some great opportunities and I happy to live here. So come on by and check out more. I have some great ideas and plans and I cannot wait to share them.

The original Hooverboard itself


So excited for the sequel!!!


Ran into Sam (Don't worry, we followed the rules of Halloween this year)


Exterminate!!!!


The man himself!









No comments:

Post a Comment