Monday, November 10, 2014

How I Became MiSTie

        Yes, I just got a new hair cut!

 If you have not yet noticed, I am a huge fan of the television show "Mystery Science Theater 3000." Actually, it's my favorite tv show of all time. However, I did not grow up with it like most fans. I actually discovered it in 2008. How?

Why through fanfiction, of course.

I noticed a lot of my favorite fanfictions referenced MST3K. I wanted to understand the references, so I decided to watch a short, The Gumby Show.

I could not stop laughing. I watched MST3K shorts until 4 am and I still had trouble sleeping because I wanted to watch more. A few days later, I decided to watch a whole episode: Alien From LA.



Even though it's not a fan favorite, this episode still holds a special place in my heart. It lead to me watch more and more episodes until I became a true fan.

My fandom for MST3K will never stop and I am happy to call myself a MSTie.

No comments:

Post a Comment