Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pompeii Exhibit



WE FIGHT FOR GLORY!!!

My birthday is tomorrow, so to begin the celebration, David and I decided to see the one exhibit I have been dying to check out: The Pompeii Exhibit at the California Science Center. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. For those who have seen the Doctor Who episode "The Fires of Pompeii," you know what happened. 

This is what you will look like two regenerations from now, Doctor...And you won't like the color of your kidneys. Sorry. 

However, for those who have not, in 79 AD, the volcano Vesuvius exploded and buried the city of Pompeii in ash and rubble. As a result, everything was preserved when dug up years later. All of the artifacts seen at the exhibit were uncovered from the ruins of Pompeii. I was in awe. Everything was in near pristine condition and so beautiful. Each artifact told a story of how the people Pompeii lived and how unsuspecting they were when Vesuvius erupted. I was in awe at every artifact I passed by. You can see some of pictures I took below. I recommend this exhibit to anyone who is interested and lives/is visiting Los Angeles. More information can be found here




This was a real body, from Ancient Pompeii, preserved from the volcanic ash of Vesuvius

No comments:

Post a Comment